Wednesday, March 12, 2008
You can learn from your dog.
Zack has come into my life at this late stage. He's just a little more than a year old, but he is smart and has taught me some lessons some of which are:
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- When it's in your best interest -- practice obedience.
- Take naps and stretch before rising.
- Run, romp, and play daily.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- Avoid biting, when a simple growl will do.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.
- When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
- No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the
guilt thing and pout... run right back and make friends.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
- Be loyal.
- Never pretend to be something you're not.