Monday, August 24, 2009

The California Society of Community Organizers...

formerly known as the Society of Jesus have a new video. I guess the idea is....well, I don't exactly know what the idea is. Because if its about vocations, they seem pretty comfortable with the lack thereof.

One interesting thing is the number of references to PICO, the nationwide Alinskyite "Community Organizers" federation founded by Jesuit priest John Baumann. You can watch the video here:



This is funny, too. The screenshot below of a lone priest in a collar appears while a lady is saying that Jesuits "...have to be coaxed and pulled along a little bit..." into collaboration. (I don't know about that!)

It's about 8:30 into this penitential experience. I had to do a double take. For a second I thought it was Fr. Fessio!






It's not him (that's him below at left, of course).


But it's funny that when they talk about "needing to be coaxed and pulled along" they just happen to pick a Fessio-lookalike (dressed like a priest and everything!) as the graphic.


Posted by Gibbons J. Cooney

1 comment:

Paula R. Robinson said...

That was my first reaction too, when I saw that picture.