Monday, October 6, 2008

Bill Ayers in 2006

This isn't from twenty or thirty years ago--it's from two years ago. Bill Ayers at the World Education Forum, hosted by the dictator Hugo Chavez of Venezuela:

"President Hugo Chavez, Vice-President Vicente Rangel, Ministers Moncada and Isturiz, invited guests,comrades. I’m honored and humbled to be here with you this morning. I bring greetings and support from your brothers and sisters throughout Northamerica. Welcome to the World Education Forum! Amamos la revolucion Bolivariana!

This is my fourth visit to Venezuela, each time at the invitation of my comrade and friend Luis Bonilla, a brilliant educator and inspiring fighter for justice. Luis has taught me a great deal about the Bolivarian Revolution and about the profound educational reforms underway here in Venezuela under the leadership of President Chavez. We share the belief that education is the motor-force of revolution, and I’ve come to appreciate Luis as a major asset in both the Venezuelan and the international struggle—I look forward to seeing how he and all of you continue to overcome the failings of capitalist education as you seek to create something truly new and deeply humane."

That's Bill Ayers, with whom Senator Barack Obama was friends and worked with for years. Some of Mr. Ayers "educational" theories in practice:


No comments: