Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"Boys will be Girls..." MHR Update

Small world... I was reading this article in today's California Catholic Daily about a man suing the Daughters of Charity (who run Seton Hospital) over their refusal to do breast enhancement surgery for him...and I noticed they quoted the legal director from the "Transgender Law Center."

That rung a bell and reminded me that the Chair of the Board of Directors at the Transgender Law Center is "Lisa Rae" Dummer, who is a Eucharistic Minister at (you guessed it) Most Holy Redeemer.

Unless my native San Franciscan eyes deceive me, "Lisa Rae" is a man. This puts into perspective the statement of Fr. Steve Meriwether, Pastor of Most Holy Redeemer, when he called the controversy over Archbishop Niederauer mistakenly giving communion to the two Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence "overblown." In a sense, he's right. What's the big deal about two transvestites receiveing communion once, if you've got a "transgendered" Eucharistic Minister on a regular basis?

As I said about USF last week "Quite the little operation they've got going on over there..."

Posted by Gibbons J. Cooney

No comments: